After many years of trying and failing, I finally had the opportunity to mill my own sugarcane grown on my property. There are so many health benefits of drinking pure sugarcane juice. One of the main benefits is that sugarcane has a high concentration of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese, which makes it naturally alkaline. Diseases, like cancer, cannot survive in an alkaline environment.
The other minerals in sugarcane also help strengthen bones, which lower the risk of osteoporosis. Drinking one glass daily can help your bones grow stronger as you age.
Sugarcane juice contains no cholesterol and may even fight the bad cholesterol present in blood, leading to weight loss. Drink up everyone!
How to Prepare Sugarcane for Juicer
Swipe to see these steps on how to prepare your sugarcane for juicing.
- Step 1: Cut a stalk of sugarcane off the plant, peel tough outside layer (makes it easier to cut)
- Step 2: Cut stalk into smaller segments (avoid cutting on the seams as it is quite tough to cut)
- Step 3: Cut segments in half so they can go into juicer
- Step 4: Put halves into juicer with flesh side up. Process each segment multiple times for maximum juice.
- Step 5: Pour into jars for storage and refrigerate! Drink up because the juice usually only stays good for about a week!
View this post on Instagram